There’s nothing a glass of wine and some sleep cannot fix. The wine industry has survived recessions across different countries and emerged to be one of the fastest growing luxury collections in the world. Here is a list of some of the costliest wine bottles from around the world and where they are made.
- Domaine Leroy Richebourg Grand Cru 1949- Made in the Cote de Nuits in France, this bottle is the finest of Pinot Noir. It is produced from the estate run by Madame Leroy. It costs about $5,921. The year this bottle was made in was recorded as one of the driest years for crops and harvest, which makes this bottle all the more special. There were only 700 bottles produced from this vine yard and this is one of their best.
- Domaine Leroy Chambertin Grand Cru 1990- Originating from Cote ed Nuits, France, this bottle is produced in exclusive vineyards of Chambertin Grand Cru. It cost about $7,447. This bottle is a pinot noir, known for its deep scent of red cherries, sweet spice, and plums.
- Domaine Georges & Christophe Roumier Musigny Grand Cru 1990- Costing of about $11,720, this pinot noir is made in the Le Musigny vineyard. Only 380 bottles are produced yearly from this vineyard and the bottles produced here are known for their sweet nectar like taste. The wine goes well when eaten with goose, duck or game bird.
- Domaine Leroy Musigny Grand Cru 2012- Another one from Cote de Nuits in France this bottle is known for its rich layered minerality. Some say this is due to the dry hot summer in that year which gave the bottle its rich taste from the thick skins of grape. This bottle costs $14,436.
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee—Conti Grand Cru 1990- Made in Burgundy, France from a vineyard regarded as the world’s best wine producers, the DRC vineyard is known for its rich healthy grapes and the richest and purest example of Pinot Noir. The year 1990 is regarded as a well-balanced year with proper rainfalls, spring and a hot summer. This bottle is one of the only remaining bottles from the list of the most expensive wine bottles. This bottle costs about $21,216.
- Screaming Eagle Cabernet 1992- This is the most expensive wine bottle there ever is with the cost of $500,000. It is a 6 liter bottle from the Napa Valley. This bottle has topped several lists of most expensive wines since many years.
- Chateau Margaux 1787- With the price of $225,000, this is said to be the most expensive unsold wine. However, nobody can ever buy it now as a waiter had knocked it over at the Four Seasons Hotel.
- Chateau Lafite 1787- This is the most expensive standard bottle of wine with the price range of $156,450. This bottle is believed to be from the cellar of Thomas Jefferson, the third president of France and widely known for his wine collection.